I’ve just posted my absentee ballot, and I’d like to share with you my recommendations on measures and candidates I feel strongly about this cycle:
- NOOOO on Prop. 26! Big Oil is a major stinker this election cycle.
- Yes on Prop. 25. This important measure ensures a simple majority can pass a budget for the state, the first step in ending our perpetual cycle of fiscal gridlock. Read the LA Times editorial in support.
- Yes on Prop 24.
- NOOOO on Prop 23, Big Oil’s attempt to push California back into the energy dark ages.
- YES on Prop. 21, $18 vehicle licensing fee for parks and wildlife, free admission to all state parks.
- YES on Prop 19. End prohibition, reduce crime, create jobs and tax revenues, legalize marijuana in California.
- Tom Torlakson, the best choice for Superintendent of Public Instruction.
- Re-elect Barbara Boxer to the Senate.
- Kamala Harris Attorney General.
- Vote for my favorite politician on social media, the awesome Debra Bowen, Secretary of State.
- Gavin Newsom for Lt. Governor.
- Jerry Brown for Governor.
- In Alameda County: Yes on F, a $10 vehicle licencing fee to support roads and transit.